List of Pies |
Front Page of Cook Book
SUGARLESS APPLE PIE
- (6-oz.) can frozen, unsweetened apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 Tblsp Flour
- 1 tsp. ground Cinnamon
- 6 c. sliced, peeled Apples
- Prepare Pie Shell
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, shake apple juice concentrate, flour and cinnamon until well blended. Pour into 3-qt saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
- Add apples to hot mixture; stir until well coated. Spoon into Pie Shell
- Bake in 450 degree oven 15 mintues. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 35 minutes, or ntil apples are tneder.
- If pie browns too quickly, cover with foil during last 15 mintues of baking.
- Cool on Rack.
- Makes 8 servings.
In medium bowl conbine
- 1 C. sifted Flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Usning pastry blender, cut in 1/3 C. regular margarine until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle 2 to 3 Tblsp ICE water over crumb mixture a little at a time, tossing with fork until dough forms. Press firmly into a ball
- On floured surface, roll out dough to 13" circle; fit loosely into 9" beyond rim of pie plate. Fold under edge and form ridge. Flute ridge
| World Travel Recipes
Kathi's Home Page
Searchking's Home Page