List of Misc
Front Page of Cook Book
Wicked Peach Cobbler
- Basic Piecrust for double crust pie
- 3 lbs medium peaches, peeled, pitted and cut inot 1/4 inch slices
- 2 Tbsp cornstgarch
- 1 c sugar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more for the top of the crust
- 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) butter, chlled, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter an 8" square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, toss the peaches, cornstarch, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Fold in the butter. Spoon half of the peach mixture into a prepared dish.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the smaller disk of dough into an 8" square about 1/8" thick,
trimming the dough as needed. Place over the peaches in a baking dish.
- Top with the remaining peaches.
- Roll out the larger disk of dough into an 11" square about 1/8" thick, trimming as needed. Fit over top of the baking dish, letting the dough hang down on the sides of the dish.
- Pinch the dough firmly onto the top edge of the dish.
- Press the overhanging dough onto the sides of the dish.
- Cut a few slits in the top of the dough.
- Place the dish on a baking sheet to catch any drips.
- Bake until the fruit juices are bubbling and the top is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with cinnamon. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
| World Travel Recipes
Kathi's Home Page
Searchking's Home Page