List of Misc
Front Page of Cook Book
Over-the-Rainbow Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) plus 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 c (2 oz) shredded Muenster cheese
- 1/2 c (2 oz) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c (2 oz) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c (2 oz) shredded Monterey Jack
- 2 c half and half
- 1 c (8 oz) Velveeta, cut into small cubes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bring the large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the oil, then the elbow macaroni, and cook until the macaroni is just tender, about 7 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain well. Return to the cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan, melt eight Tbsp of the butter. Stir into the macaroni.
- In a large bowl, mix tghe Muenster, mild and sharp Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
- To the macaroni,
- add the half and half,
- 1 1/2 c of the shredded cheese,
- the cubed Velveeta,
- and the eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the buttered casserole.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 c of shredded cheese and dot with the remaining one Tbsp of butter.
- Bake until it's bubbling around the edges. about 35 minutes.
- Serve HOT.
| World Travel Recipes
Kathi's Home Page
Searchking's Home Page