List of Misc
Front Page of Cook Book
Braided Mushroom Bread
- 1/2 pound mushroom, sliced
- 2 Tbsp onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 c fine bread crumbs
- 1/2 c plain yogurt
- 1/4 c light sour cream
- 3 Tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp caraway seed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Saute mushrooms and onion in oil. Add cream cheese;
- stir until melted. Stir in remaining filling ingredients.
- Cover and set aside.
- 4-5 c all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp non-fat dry milk
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 c warm water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp water
- Combine 2 cups flour, dry milk, sugar, salt and dry yeast in a mixing bowl.
- Add water, oil and egg. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Stir in 1 1/2 -2 c additional flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until dough is smooth and elastic about 8 minutes.
- Place dough in a a greased bowl, turning greased side of dough up.
- Cover; let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch down; let rest 5 minutes.
- For two smaller braids, divide dough in half.
- Roll dough pieces into 9 x 11 inch rectangles. Spread filling on dough; cut the rectangles. Spread filling on dough; cut rectangle in 3 strips length wise.
- Roll up each strips starting on long side. Pinch to seal seam.
- Place stripes on greased baking sheet; seam side down.
- Braid; tuck and pinch ends well. Cover braid;
- let rise until doubled.
- Slightly beat egg white and water; brush braid.
- Spinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from pan; cook on rack.
| World Travel Recipes
Kathi's Home Page
Searchking's Home Page