List of Meats |
Front Page of Cook Book
ORIENTAL CHICKEN SALAD
- 2 chicken breast halves, skinned & boned.
- 1 8 oz. can sliced water chestnuts.
- 2 green onions, cut in 2-inch slices
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced.
- 1 slice fresh ginger (1/4 inch)
- 1/2 c. sliced red bell pepper
- 5 oz. Chinese noodles, cooked & drained
- 3 Tbsp. sliced alonds, toasted
- 1 c. snow peas, sliced lengthwise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- Place chicken, green onions and ginger in a large saucepan and cover with water. Simmer until thoroughly cooked, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain discarding onions and ginger. Cook chicken; cut into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl. Add noodles, snow peas, water chestnuts, green onions and bell pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Cover and chill for 24 hours. Before serving, sprinkle with almonds and seasame seed.
- 4 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar and salt until sugar is dissolved. Add sesame oil, vegetable oil and pepper and whisk until well blended.
This tasty salad recipe was obtained from Carolyn, she says she uses Japanese noodles, which she purchesases from the oriental section of Albertson's, in place of the Chinese noodles called for in the recipe. She also adds some vidalia onion to the salad, cooked in the microwave for six minutes and sliced.
| World Travel Recipes
Kathi's Home Page
Searchking's Home Page