List of Cakes |
Front Page of Cook Book
FROZEN CREAMSICLE CAKE
- 16 low-fat vanilla wafers, finely ground in a food processor
- 2 tsp. finely grated fresh orange zest
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 C. orange sorbet, slightly softened
- 1 c. non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Line a 3 1/2" x 7 1/2" loaf pan with a double layer of plastic wrap, allowing a few inces of overhang long sides
- Stir together cookie crumbs, ornage zest, butter and corn syrup in a small bowl and press into prepared pan.
- Spread sorbet enevly over crumb crust and freeze 30 mintues to harden
- While sorbet is freezing, slightly soften frozen yogurt.
- Spread evenly over sorbet.
- Freeze, covered wtih plastic wrap, until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Using plastic wrap, lift frozen cake out of pan.
- Let stand 5 minutes to soften; then cut crosswise into slices.
| World Travel Recipes
Kathi's Home Page
Searchking's Home Page